Monday, June 28, 2010

Draftless Drafting

My challenge today was not getting sweaty in the drafting room, for the sakes of my drawing and my neighbor. I think I did all right on that front, but dang! The stagnant air in there isn't moving at all. All things considered, I made good progress. I penciled in the basics for the three Theobold House floor plans, but I see I have plenty of details still to tackle, some of which might warrant another measuring trip to Mineral Point. Fortunately, that's more of a privilege than a burden - especially considering it's a matter of hours this time rather than four full days. And I hope I'll have an opportunity to talk more to the homeowner, since he's lived in his house for over 45 years and has witnessed firsthand a good deal of MP's preservation wave.

2 comments:

  1. I've got Curtis's phone number; you should call him before you go out there to make sure he's around. I'm sure he'd love to talk to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what they say, buddy: genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine perspiration!
    I know I told you already, but I'll make it official by blogging it: Happy Birthday yesterday.
    From your brother.

    ReplyDelete